Saturday, October 17, 2009

Abandoned House in Scott County


On Friday I was driving on some road - can't remember which - that leads out of Georgetown, and somewhere I took a wrong turn. The paved road transformed into a muddy gravel one, and then that road forked off into two, one of which had monster-truck tire gouges in the mud, so deep that no ordinary vehicle could traverse it without scraping its underbelly.


I found myself in a remote dense forested area surrounded by old dumpsites of household garbage, appliances, portions of automobiles, etc. I ventured into the woods to check out what turned out to be a portion of either a very old fireplace or some sort of outdoor furnace. It looks like it's actually been used relatively recently for burning something. Some sort of cult pyre, or merely an outdoor grill for hobos?




From there, I spied the remains of an old house and took a few pics. Some kids have already discovered the place, as kids always do, and added some touches of graffiti.








For some reason, two different Georgetown street signs are stashed out here, to the side of the house. Probably acts of vandalism from those aforementioned clever rugrats.





3 comments:

DH said...

Nice find.

Anonymous said...

This article reminds me of two Syfy channel horror movie staples Wrong Turn 2 (actually a pretty good film for Henry Rollins fans to watch), and Monster Man starring a demonic monster truck and the lovely Aimee Brooks.

Nicosia said...

Awesome! I love this stuff :)